Top 6 Tips for a relaxing winter bed time
Sleep is really important for everyday wellbeing, it allows your body to relax, repair and heal as well as reduces stress. 8 hours of sleep is the recommended amount, but I find it really difficult to get 8 hours of sleep so I try to make sure that the amount of sleep I get is as uninterrupted and peaceful as possible.
I am always on the lookout for ways to make my sleep time more relaxing and easier and these are the tips I am loving at the moment
- Hot Water bottle – It is very cold at the moment and a cold bed is not as inviting in this cold weather. I always prepare a hot water bottle and put it in bed at least 30mins before bedtime, so the sheets are warm when I get in.
- Skincare Routine – I don’t feel comfortable and relaxed until my face is clean, maybe it is just my obsession but I find that washing my face and applying moisturiser or facial oil a couple of hours or just before bedtime makes me feel more clean and relaxed
- Chamomile Tea – I try to drink a mug of chamomile tea right before bedtime as I find this relaxes me. At the moment I am really enjoying the Snore and Peace tea by Clippers tastes delicious and relaxing
- Lavender Essential Oil – I find that by applying a couple of drops of Lavender Essential oil (or any other calming essential oil) to my pillow helps me breath better and calm and relax my mind. At the moment I am loving the organic lavender essential oil by Balm Balm
- Calm (app) – this is a mobile application with calming relaxing sound as well as some incorporated exercises of meditation. You can set a duration yourself or select one of the pre prepared programs. I find that 2 – 5 minutes of calming sounds help me get a better sleep
- Eye Mask – I find that a good quality eye mask help me rest well, keep any light from distracting my sleep and keeps my face warm especially during this cold season. I love my holistic silk eye mask, it is made from amazing material which feels soft and velvety on my face. It is also filled with lavender so it slightly omits hints of lavender scents which helps in relaxation
Do you have any sleep or relaxing tips? Let me know in the comments below 🙂
Thank you for reading!