A little bit of History:
Cucumbers are a staple ingredient of salads and are both cooling and refreshing. They can be pickled to make gherkins or eaten fresh so as to enjoy the moistness provided by their high water content.
The silica in cucumbers is fantastic for your skin, giving you a glowing complexion. The caffeic acid and vitamin C present in cucumbers will help reduce swellings of the skin and soothe dermal irritations. The vegetable is also a good source of magnesium and potassium and can be used as part of a diet to reduce blood pressure.
- Cucumber should always be kept in the fridge to keep it fresh, crunchy and moist
- Cut your cucumber into long sticks and dip into some tasty hummus or sour cream
- Create a simple lunch snack by adding to a baguette along with sliced meat or cheese
- Add cucumber to a jug of Pimm’s in the summertime for a truly refreshing drink
- Slice and add some crispy cucumber pieces to a leafy summer salad
Do you have any favorite cucumber recipe? or other cool tips on this superfood?
All Superfoods Section: