A little bit of History:
Garlic has been around for over 5000 years and was first cultivated by the Egyptians, who gave it to their slaves to improve their strength.
Garlic is great for your heart because of its combination of sulphur compounds, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, selenium and manganese. It helps increase your body’s production of antioxidant enzymes, as well as acting as an anti viral. It also helps you to control your weight and protect against cardiovascular disease.
- Chopping or crushing garlic stimulates allicin production, the most beneficial part of this herb
- Create a delicious compote by mixing some roasted garlic cloves with a touch of honey
- Saute garlic in oil until it’s slightly browned and then pour over steamed broccoli for a great tasting meal.
- Garlic is particularly potent in its raw state; try eating it raw, but beware of the garlic breath!
- Bring the taste of the continent home by adding garlic to olive oil and lemon to make a salad dressing
Do you have any favorite garlic recipes? or other cool tips on this superfood?
All Superfoods Section: